Records Center & Archives Guidelines
- The Union County Records Center & Archives WILL NOT conduct surname searches or title searches for researchers. Researchers must do their own research. You MUST ask for a specific existing record and not for information see Ohio Sunshine Laws Manual
- To prevent permanent marking of research materials, please use pencils for taking notes.
- Writing on papers placed on top of research materials is prohibited.
- Do not change the order in which files are found in a records box or file. If this occurs by accident, please inform the reference staff.
- When you have completed your research, please leave all research materials on the table. Do not re-file the items.
- The use of non-flash cameras to copy records is permitted.
- Only Records Center & Archives staff can photocopy records.
- Members of the public are requested to converse with others in their party in low voices, and supervise children appropriately.
- Eating and drinking are prohibited in the Records Center & Archives.
- Please cite Records Center & Archives materials as follows:
Union County, OH, Title of the Record , (year of the specific record you are using), Union County Records Center & Archives, Marysville, OH, volume number of the book, and page number of the specific document you are citing or the specific record you are citing - e.g. case file name and case file number.
Union County, OH. Title of the Record . (year of the specific record you are using). Union County Records Center & Archives, Marysville, OH.