General Information
233 West 6th Street

Office Hours
7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Mon.-Fri.)
6:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Mon.-Thurs.)

Sanitary Sewer

Union County operates a countywide sewer district formed under  Ohio Revised Code Section 6117  . The Union County Commissioners are given the authority to create sewer districts and have the legal responsibility to eliminate unsanitary conditions in the unincorporated areas. The Union County Commissioners have appointed the Union County Engineer as the Sanitary Engineer in responsible charge of the duties prescribed in ORC 6117.

Union County operates several wastewater treatment plants and associated sanitary sewers, forcemains and pump stations. Our wastewater plants all have NPDES (National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System) permits issued by the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency. The NPDES permits enforce regulatory standards for the treated water leaving the plants in order to protect fish and other aquatic life in the streams.

Make a Payment - Sanitary Sewer Bill

Union County Wastewater Treatment Facilities Map 
Marysville Growth Area Map 

 Frequently Asked Questions

 What are the current Union County sewer rates? 
 When is my sewer bill due? 
 What happens if my payment is late?

What are the current Union County sewer rates?

The Union County Commissioners established sewer rates for the customers they serve in the unincorporated areas of Union County by a resolution passed in 2013. The resolution calls for 3 step increases for the years 2013, 2014 and 2015 if the financials warrant such an increase. Tap fees for new customers are explained in the resolution passed in 2014.

Resolution: 3-step rate increase 
Resolution: 2014 second step increase 
Resolution: 2014 tap fees 

When is my sewer bill due?

Sewer bills are mailed out at the end of each month and are due by the 20th of the following month.

What happens if my payment is late?

Bills received after the 20th of the month are charged a 10% late fee. If bills are not paid for 3 months, the outstanding balance is placed on the property owner’s tax bill.