Please read the following requirements to apply for a marriage license. If you do not have all of this documentation, the application cannot be processed and will be delayed until the information is provided.
Both applicants shall appear at the Office of the Probate Clerk and provide ALL the following documentation:
1. A completed Union County Marriage Application. Print this application, complete the application and bring the hard copy with you. If you are unable to complete or print the document, there are copies available in the Clerk's office. If you completed the online application via the eMarriage webpage, you do not need to print off a copy of the Application.
2. Proof of Residence in Union County, such as a piece of mail, checkbook, utility bill with the name and address of at least one applicant. One applicant must reside in Union County for Union County to process the application.
a. If both applicants are non-Ohio residents, but the ceremony venue is in Union County, please call the Probate Court Clerk's Office for modified requirements.
3. One hard copy of any and all Final Decrees of Divorce or Dissolution issued that terminated any prior marriages for either applicant.
4. One hard copy of any state-certified Death Certificate of a deceased spouse(s), if an applicant is a widow/widower.
5. Government-issued proof of age, such as birth certificate, valid driver’s license, or passport (see R.C. 3101.05 for full list).
6. Fee of $60.00 payable by cash, personal check, credit or debit card, cashier’s check or money order.
a. There is an additional $2.00 processing fee for credit and debit card transactions.
The marriage license is valid for 60 days.