Notice – Online Sheriff’s Sales
Beginning Wednesday June 1, 2022, the Union County Sheriff’s Office will conduct the sale of all real estate subject to foreclosure on the “Official Public Sheriff’s Sale Website” which is operated by Realauction, based on a contract with the Ohio Department of Administrative Services. The process and procedures under which these sales will be completed are detailed at the Realauction website https://union.sheriffsaleauction.ohio.gov. All prospective bidders should familiarize themselves with the new process.
In general, the following key points are noted:
- All person(s) who want to bid on a property offered by the Union County Sheriff’s Office MUST REGISTER with Realauction. Registration will include the completion of the Purchaser Information Form.
- Properties will be open for bid, at least seven (7) days immediately prior to the date of sale. This is generally known as a proxy bid.
- Each Wednesday at 9:00 am Eastern Time (if we have a property listed for sale), the online auction will begin. An Auction will be conducted for each individual property; however, only one property will be sold at a time. After a property is sold, the next scheduled property sale will begin.
- To be a qualified participant, bidders must submit a deposit to Realauction based on the total deposit requirement ($2,000/$5,000/$10,000 set by law) for all properties on which the bidder wishes to bid by the predefined deadlines. The only acceptable deposit types are bank wire transfer or ACH, no cash deposits will be accepted.
- All wire deposits must be received by 5:00 pm (EST) TWO (2) Business Days before the auction sale date.
- All ACH Deposits must be initiated by 4:00 pm (EST) FIVE (5) Business Days before the auction sale date.
It is the responsibility of the bidder to plan ahead and allow enough time for their bidding deposits to be received and processed within the timeframes described above.
- Plaintiff/Judgment Creditors – A Judgment Creditor is defined as the creditors (plaintiff or defendants) who are awarded judgment in the foreclosure case. Judgment Creditors are required to register for a Username and Password and fill in all appropriate fields. Per Ohio Revised Code 2329.211, in every action of Judicial Sale or Execution of residential property, if the Judgement Creditor is the purchaser, they shall not be required to make a deposit on the sale. However, Judgment Creditors are required to submit the bidding style choice (pre-sale manage bid or live bid) AND a copy of the court order stating they are the Judgment Creditor on the case they are bidding to Realauction Customer Service (email@example.com) at least one (1) business day prior to the sale date. Submission can be done via email or fax. Submission must include the bidder number and user account contact first and last name in the submission. For more information and training on requirements to participate in the online auctions as Plaintiff/Judgment Creditor, please call (877) 361-7325 ext. 245 or 246.
NOTE Tax Sales, Tax Lien Certificate Sales and Probate Sales will continue to be sold at the Union County Veterans Memorial Auditorium, 233 West 6th St, Marysville, Ohio 43040, until further notice.
Realauction will conduct webinar training classes. Bidders can sign up for training directly on our auction site at www.Realauction.com Training classes will be held via the Internet on a regular schedule beginning April 1, 2022. These webinar classes generally last 90 minutes and specifically cover the use of the software. Attendance is by registration only.
For additional information or to register for a webinar, please contact Realauction Customer Service at (954) 734-7401 or toll free at (877) 361-7325 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Purchaser Information Form
July 6, 2022 Sheriff Sale.pdf